2ND KENYAN GUIDANCE, COUNSELLING AND PSYCHOLOGICAL ASSOCIATION (KGCPA) INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ORGANIZED IN COLLABORATION WITH THE DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION OF CHUKA UNIVERSITY.
CALL FOR PAPERS, POSTERS & OPPORTUNITY FOR EXHIBITION
THEME: MAINSTREAMING MENTAL HEALTH IN THE PUBLIC AND PRIVATE SECTOR FOR TOTAL UNIVERSAL HEALTH COVERAGE
Conference Dates: 20th – 22 nd November , 2019
Excursion Day: 22nd November , 2019
To present a paper or a poster, an abstract should be submitted of not more than 300 words in English. Typed in Times Romans, Font 12. A softcopy in Ms-Word should be submitted by 10th August, 2019 via Email Adress:email@example.com. Abstracts should outline aims, content and conclusions and include the Sub theme, Title, Authors’ Name, Aliation, Email Address and Telephone Numbers. Full papers should be submitted by 9th September, 2019. Only those who submit full papers will be on presenters’ programme.
GUIDELINES FOR FULL PAPERS.
Papers should be 3000-4000 words prepared in Times New Romans, Font 12, Spacing of 1.5 in APA Referencing style. RESEARCH PAPERS: Cover page with Title of Papers, Abstract (300 words only), Key words (Maximum of 8), Introduction, Materials and Methods, Results and Discussions, Conclusions, Recommendations and References.
THEORETICAL PAPERS/ REVIEW PAPERS: Cover page with title of papers, Abstract (300 words only).
Key words (Maximum of 8), Introduction, Literature Review, Theoretical Analysis, Application, Conclusions, Recommendations and references
• Innovative models for mainstreaming mental health to the public and private sectors.
• Leadership and Governance models enhancing the provision of Mental care services.
• The role of psychological well-being in the provision of quality education.
• Linking theory to practice for eective psychological and counselling service delivery.
• Prevention, treatment, counselling, and psychotherapy rehabilitation and aftercare of mental illnesses and disorders: What works?
• The linkages between Correctional services, Criminal Justice and Mental Health.
• The Management of Trauma and Vicarious Trauma for the Police and the Military: Building resiliency and enhancing coping strategies.
• Evidence-based programmes for residential rehabilitation and reintegration into the community for people with mental illnesses and disorders.
• Mental health and gender issues in the 21st Century.
• Best practices for mental health care in a multi-cultural context.
• The trend, opportunities and challenges associated with access and use of technology in Mental health care.
• Psychological and Counselling services for health and well-being: The challenges of mainstreaming Mental health care services to the public and private health systems.
East African Students – Ksh 6,000.00
East African Lecturers – Ksh 7,000.00
Non East African Students – Ksh 8,000.00
Non East African Lecturers – Ksh 8,000.00
East African Researchers – Ksh 12,000.00
Non East African Researchers – Ksh 14,000.00
Companies / NGOs – Ksh 13,000.00
Exhibition – Ksh 12,000.00
NB:GROUP PARTICIPANTS OF 5 PERSONS OR MORE WILL GET A 10% DISCOUNT ON REGISTRATION. ALL KGCPA MEMBERS AND CHUKA UNIVERSITY STAFF WILL GET 10% DISCOUNT ON REGISTRATION. REGISTRATION FEE WILL COVER BAGS, REFRESHMENTS AND LUNCHES DURING THE CONFERENCE.
•Deadline for Submission of Abstracts is on 10th August, 2019.
•Communication of Abstract Acceptance to be on 30th August, 2019.
•Deadline for Submission of Full Papers is on 9th September, 2019.
•Registration deadline is on 9th November, 2019. All payments should be made through:
Account Name: KGCPA
Account No: 1136648879
SWIFT CODE: KCB LKENX
PAY BILL NO. 714644
A/C NO. /NAME KGCPA
ENQUIRIES The Secretariat
Kenyan Guidance, Counselling &
Psychological Association (KGCPA)
P. O Box 333-20115 Egerton, Kenya
Phone: +254 -721 989 390/711 819 272
Websites: www.kgcpa.or.ke, /www.chuka.ac.ke
For information on Hotel booking contact: +254 -721 428 952
“ Counsellors and Psychologists are partners in Mental Health Care”
The main key note speakers: – Prof. David M. Ndetei, Professor of Psychiatry, University of Nairobi, Kenya
VENUE: BUSINESS SCHOOL COMPLEX,
Prof. Patrick Manu, Vice C hancellor, Bugema University, Uganda